Governors' Vision and Aims
Madresfield Local Governing Body - our Visions and Aims
The role of the Governing body is to support and challenge the senior leaders of the school. The Governing body ensures that the school is continually reflecting on and improving its practice in order to create a learning environment in which all the children can achieve the best possible outcomes.
At Madresfield C.E. Primary School the Governing Body has 12 members made up of 2 staff, 2 parents and 8 members from the local Church or local community. Except for the staff members, we are all volunteers who feel privileged to be part of Madresfield school and are committed to creating a school that has a strong ethos, where every child is valued, respects others and is inspired to be a confident learner.
To offer an outstanding, all-round education to our community, rooted in the shared Christian values of love, honesty and respect. We seek to demonstrate this ethos in our school by providing a safe, caring environment where everyone is valued and pupils are inspired to develop a love for learning that will equip them for life in the 21st century.
- To create and sustain a school community in which all parents, carers, pupils, staff and visitors feel welcome and valued.
- To provide support and challenge to the senior leadership to meet the needs and demands of the changing educational landscape.
- To ensure the school is fully compliant with national/educational expectations.
- To sustain the Christian ethos of our school and its focus on Christian values to enable our pupils to grow and develop in a loving, caring community.
- To ensure levels of support for all pupils are of the highest standard so all pupils are supported to achieve their best.
- To monitor, evaluate and challenge expectations and results and to hold the Executive Head Teacher and Head of School to account for the educational performance of the school, the well-being of the staff and safeguarding of the pupils.
- To encourage interaction and cooperation with other local schools and those within the Diocese of Worcester Multi Academy Trust (DoWMAT) to support school improvement by bringing staff together to share good practice.
- To oversee the financial performance of the school, ensuring it is financially sound
and making best use of funds in ways which have a positive impact on the quality of teaching, learning and achievement.
- To maintain and develop the buildings and grounds to a high standard providing the best possible facilities for work, exercise and play.
- To be a committed and enthusiastic Governing body and strive to improve Governor skills through training and supportive teamwork.